cpu temp

OneWizard

Baseband Member
Hi,

I did a search on the forum but didn't notice anything so i thought i'll ask, what temp is good for the cpu to be running at idle and while processing?

I currently have an idle around 35 celsius and can go up to 57 celsius when doing a fair bit of work.

I'm worried that if i leave on the pc fora long time (like whole day) would the cpu overheat?

Thanks
1wiz

35 idle is good, but a 57 degree load is a bit high.At max it should be around 42-47 degrees celcius.Thats where mine is at, and it's overclocked!

As long as you're not running benchmarks all day or playing Far Cry at max settings for 6 hours, I doubt it will overheat, just make sure you have adequate ventilation in your case.

You haven't really told us what kind of processor it is(Intel,AMD)
It is typical for Intel's to get high temps, AMD's are cooler and are a little more overclocker friendly.

hope this helps.

thanks! i thought it was high...

my cpu is an XP2600+ which i have oc'd to XP3200

i'm using a Coolermaster Jet7+ fan... The case only has one fan...

Maybe i should try lowering the voltage? i think i increased the voltage a little to keep the system stable at XP3200...

Get a nicer heatsink, and some antec silver if your worried. Because i know i would be :p My 2500+ to 3200+ is at 49 load.

AMD's heat is always bigger then INTEl. so if u have AMD then u must consider this thing.try to collect a new colling system.

you obv. dont know much about chips if u think amd are hotter, ya fool

that's what i have heard...that AMD chips run hotter than Intel's..

i thought the Jet7+ fan is a very good cooling unit?

will cooling the case better (that is adding fans) make the cpu run at lower temps?

i'm going to try and run my cpu at the stock 2600 and see what the temps are tonight and see if the oc has caused it to increase in temp...

The best Heatsink/fan to get is the Akasa 825 Carnival, It's got a manual speed adjuster or can detect the temp itself and adjust acordingly. It's Very quiet and it's cheap. Cools better than the Jet even at it's lowest speed.

Back
Top Bottom