Cpu sticking to heatsink

yes, and if the latch on the CPU wasnt open when you removed the heatsink, and the CPU came with it, dont worry, its happened to me- i mean technically, wouldnt that basically bend all the pins on the P4? and then i look, and no. the latch on the socket 478 was shut, but the processor was stuck to the bottom of my heatsink, and the pins were fine, and wearing gloves, i pulled it off and put it back in, and all was fine.

Yea, it happens occasionally. Next time just give the heatsink a couple of gentle left-right twists to help break the tension between the heatsink and CPU.

Another good way to get 'er loose is to run a CPU intensive program to get it nice and hot before taking it apart. The HSF should come off much easier when it's warm.

this happened to me cept mine got STUCK on my heatsink..... couldent take it off and dident want to pry it off and break it! lol i took a blow dryer to it, worked perfectly, i heated it up to like 40c or so im guessing then pulled it off with a napkin haha

Back
Top Bottom