CPU removal from motherboard

Open the case and remove the heat sink. Ther will be a little slider on the side of the CPU mobo connection, flit it out and lift it up. Your CPU will pop out.

I heard you had to pry off the heatsink because it was stuck to the CPU? Will i have to do this in order to remove the cpu first?

It may be, it would be best to remove the heatsink but if you need to put too much force in don't bother - at least then you know what heatsink to use with the CPU! You can always take the CPU off without the Heatsink off first. Not too good though; always try to get it off.

Yes the heat sink will probably be stuck to the CPU, it should come off easily though. Just remove it first and then you can tackle the CPU.

the Heatsink and the CPU are pretty strong and metal - just stick a nice small screwdriver between them and lever one off the other. When you put it back on you should still put on some new Heatsink Glue just incase though.

Do i take the heatsink off after i take the cpu out or while the cpu is still on the motheboard?

Back
Top Bottom