cpu heatsink

Status
Not open for further replies.

geist

Solid State Member
hi i need a quick tip...my amd x24400+ toledo getting here tomorrow and it is replacing my amd 3500+...i need to kno how to get the heatsink off of my cpu without ripping the cpu out and damaging it...this happen to me when i changed out my 3000+ for my 3500+ over a year ago and i would like to save this 3500+...the as 5 had my the cpu stuck to the heatsink and ripped my 3000+ out and made it useless :( any tips on how to remove this one for tomorrow without causing damage

i thought you just get the clips off and pull the lever thingy, but idk never taken one out/

geist said:
hi i need a quick tip...my amd x24400+ toledo getting here tomorrow and it is replacing my amd 3500+...i need to kno how to get the heatsink off of my cpu without ripping the cpu out and damaging it...this happen to me when i changed out my 3000+ for my 3500+ over a year ago and i would like to save this 3500+...the as 5 had my the cpu stuck to the heatsink and ripped my 3000+ out and made it useless :( any tips on how to remove this one for tomorrow without causing damage

:amazed: :mad: :amazed: :mad: :amazed:

Anyone wanna show this one the light? If that's how you take 'em out...I'd hate to see how you put 'em in. ;)

Lmao. I took the stock HSF out of my system today. It had the stock paste on it, and it was impossible to remove. I ended up ripping the entire CPU out of the socket, WITH THE BRACKET STILL CLOSED. Then I spent 10 minutes trying to wedge a razor blade between the CPU that was stuck to the HSF. Finally managed to get it off and literally thanked God that nothing was damaged.

run a cpu benchmark for a couplke of hours, then pull the HS/fan off. the heat will melt and loosen the paste

thx i got the cpu off np...now i just have another problem sorry for being such a noob but im here to learn :p...i installed the x2 4400+ i reset the cmos first and put in cpu booted up without a prob installed stuff off of amd the drivers and stuff for it and updates...and i havnt noticed any performence increase i was wondering if i had done something wrong if theres anything else i should remove incase resetting cmos wasnt good enough...once again sorry for being noob :)

open taskmanager/ go to perfomance tab then at the top under view and cpu history go to one graph per CPU then if you have 2 graphs then go from there
EDIT: shoudnt this be in the hardware section?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom