CPU Heating up a lot

Can't be a very good fan, if all be told.
You shouldn't need a lot of paste. Too much just has the opposite effect. The paste is only there to help transfer the heat from the surface of the CPU to the cooler. Too much and you are distrupting that process, since the heat would simply build up in the paste and not be transferred properly.

I was cruising the 'net looking for the Thermaltake Silent775D. It seems from the user reviews that it's not much better than a stock heatsink, which would account for the not so cool temperatures.

Can't be a very good fan, if all be told.
You shouldn't need a lot of paste. Too much just has the opposite effect. The paste is only there to help transfer the heat from the surface of the CPU to the cooler. Too much and you are distrupting that process, since the heat would simply build up in the paste and not be transferred properly.

So should i be good to install xp now?

So wait... its 44 degrees C without any OS installed? You checking these temps within the BIOS?

If so, 44 degrees is a very good temperature, since when booting up, your CPU is being somewhat throttled, and wouldn't be considered an idle temp at all.

So wait... its 44 degrees C without any OS installed? You checking these temps within the BIOS?

If so, 44 degrees is a very good temperature, since when booting up, your CPU is being somewhat throttled, and wouldn't be considered an idle temp at all.

Oh, Yeah i have no OS installed and im checking it within the BIOS. So is that good? BTW I left it on for around 10 mins and its at 43 degrees in the BIOS.

Back
Top Bottom