CPU Fan Problem

ukballer1012

Baseband Member
I just noticed this today, and I've never seen it do this: My fan (I'm pretty sure it's my CPU fan otherwise it's my PSU's) keeps going up and down in speed when it needs to go faster, instead of going up at a gradual and smooth increase. I really don't know whats wrong, but if I had to take a guess I'd say it's either the fan controller chip (if there is such a thing :D) or the fan itself. Please help, because I don't want it to break while I'm gone and have my CPU over heat.

Like if you pictured a flow chart, instead of it going smoothly up to its desired speed, It goes a little up and down and up and down until it reaches its desired speed. I hope this helped.

I also noticed that when the fan's at a constant speed, it will sort of sound like a car revving its engine when acts weird.

has this only started to happen recently?? Was the fan ok before?? How old is your system? Is your CPU overheating?? The fan might be speeding up to cool the CPU, you could try to install a CPU monitor to see what the tempreature is like when the fan comes on

Back
Top Bottom