cpu fan/heat sink

0v3rc10cl0ck3d

In Runtime
ok i have a intel pentium 4 3.40 ghz cpu and the place i ordered it from i also ordered a heatsink and fan and the one they sent me is for a intel core 2 duo 1.8 ghz will this cpu heat sink/fan work well enough for this cpu?

The mounting is the same, but you might want to check the hsf can handle the heat from the p4 as they do tend to run very toasty.

Whats the make/model of the heatsink/fan?

its an intel cpu heatsink/fan like i said its for a intel core 2 duo e6300 1.86ghz
would i be better off with a fan made for a intel p4 up to 3.8 ghz im srry im also still learning bout this stuff what is hsf?

HSF = Heatsink Fan. It's the abbreviation commonly given to the CPU heatsink and fan unit.

Most Intel heatsinks will work for both the Core2 Duo as well as the P4 CPU's. What is the specific model of the cooler? Is it a stock Intel unit or an aftermarket one such as a CoolerMaster or Zalman?

Yea, it should work. Although the stock type coolers aren't extremely good at keeping them CPU's cool. How much did you pay for it?

If you can, you should return it for the one you originally ordered. I'm sure the Masscool should work better than the stock one.

Back
Top Bottom