cpu cooler on 9500 pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

burned-ati

Banned
hey guys i have a 9500 pro and well pretty much the stock cooler is horrible.. so i ripped it out! got off all the old hardened thermal gel stuff put some fresh thermal compund and placed on a copper socket A cpu cooler i can get my core to 360mhz from 277mhz and my memory to 640mhz from 540mhz..but i have a question how would you guys mount ur cooler on?? mine is rubber banded with 3 bands doubled its seems to hold it extremely well but after about a month they dry out and break any suggestions on mounting my cooler on there? heres a pic of a 6600gt with one but i have no idea how he has his mounted.

Attachments

• 6600gt ghetto style.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 31
lol yes i know i did use all of my pci slots there covered up but i do have a micro atx motherboard in a mid tower case haha. im gonna get a knew motherboard anyway

wats thermal glue

hey whats thermal glue. iver never heard of it?? where can i get it and how much do i need and how much is it

Thermal Epoxy! I got some....I was still able to rip my SB heatsink off when needed........

Anywho....ZIP TIES ARE YOUR FRIENDS :D

You say tomato I say tomata.
Translates into I say it right, you say it wrong :p

har har, kidding idiotec......I got thermal ceramique and it says 'epoxy' on the tubes, but yeah I went with that instead of AS5 epoxy because frankly, I didn't want to use it since I was epoxying mosfet sinks which are tiny as hell....didn't want to even come close to risk letting that crap leak and messing something up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom