Courtesy

Status
Not open for further replies.
But what kind of manners? I can turn on the charm and politeness whenever I want, but I'm probably the most vulgar person you'd ever meet around my friends.

Even around friends I am courteous. I don't use "sir" and "ma'am", though, and never have. My uncle was a despot about that with his step-daughters and turned me sour on the practice.

Oh, I will joke and kid and cut up (those who knew me on Ventrilo could tell you), but I draw a line that I will not willingly cross. I can be a **** when I want to be, but even then I am not mean to people.

Like I said before, it is a Southern thing. Cultural. Old school.

Like I said before, it is a Southern thing. Cultural. Old school.

Also a dying practice and is not taught or required anymore.

1d0699bf.jpg

53c85475.jpg

This is my great grandfather. Notice in the pictures his hat is removed. Back when men were men.

And the end of the day, treat people the same way you want to be treated back.

I find it ironic that the North has historically been more for the equality in races and genders, yet they are some of the coldest (no pun intended :p) and just like self involved people I know.. I've heard stories of people going down to Memphis from New Hampshire, and the people will talk to you just about everywhere you go. Here, if you see someone on the elevator they are either, talking on their phone, staring straight ahead, or avoiding small talk. It's rediculous.. Like when I worked at circuit city some people were just so hard to talk to. They all assumed I was out to take every single cent they had in their pocket, what they had saved, max out their credit cards, take their car's and their wife and daughters... I feel like that isn't the case in the south... Maybe it's the weather.. People don't get as irritable in the summer.. haha.

But I agree, I always hold the door for people, I won't like sprint to open the door for someone, but if I'm within a few feet of someone walking in it's just the nice/convenient thing for that person. I'm not gonna die if I alter my course by .2 seconds, that's how I see it. I also see it from the perspective of if we can put our ego behind ourselves we'll be a better world.

So moral of the story is I'm going to visit Trotter and his family for some holiday and I will thank his (insert cook here be it whoever) and I will shower them in thanks for the food. haha.

Here is some chav activity:
chav-48372.jpg

On the left: Chav Skinning up.
Middle: Chav spitting (yes that is white lightning spit) it's worse than dog crap.
Right: Chav keeping a look out for the buizzies (police for people who are normal)

Celebration of the achievement of the first anti social behaviour order (ASBO) an before you ask yes it is a badge of honour to get them liverpool my home city give the first ASBOs out and the chav gangs do celebrate ASBO's and I am not jokeing.
chav2.jpg

oh so a chav is a wigger lol. if so i can agree on the dislike of them.

<--- HATES Wiggers. I really can't think of anything in the world that bothers me more.

Yeah people here are polite as they can be. For the most part. But, CC is CC, if you were to walk in the one here (you'd see empty shelves) a few months ago they are all about the same and yes very annoying. Thats why it seems they want to take every cent from you. But when in reality they are just trying to pay the bills/make a little commission.

If you walk in to a store here, someone is going to ask how are you doing, maybe tell you about their day, tell you thank you and come back in a matter of seconds.

God forbid going to some of these stores when the coffee starts brewing, though. Older folks love to talk, and so do I. But If I am up at 5-6am... I have places to be :D

oh so a chav is a wigger lol. if so i can agree on the dislike of them.

Nope they look a little like that except chavs really do form gangs and really do perform serious crime, they are not just a social embarrassment like wiggas they are a reall problem in the UK sure there might be the odd one you can get on with but most of them you need to put down an do it fast because if you don't you wake up in hospital a week later sans you watch wallet and anything else of value.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom