counterstrike dedicated server

Juice1

Fully Optimized
i want to run a dedicated server so me and my friends could play in my server i would be runnung steams server i was just wondering if it would be really slow? its a p3 550mhz 512 ram 10 gb hd would that be enough to run a server? it would be really quick latency because i have fast internet and my friends live within miles of the server.im not sure though if the server lags because of the hardware, or slow internet.

i want to run a dedicated server so me and my friends could play in my server i would be runnung steams server i was just wondering if it would be really slow? its a p3 550mhz 512 ram 10 gb hd would that be enough to run a server? it would be really quick latency because i have fast internet and my friends live within miles of the server.im not sure though if the server lags because of the hardware, or slow internet.

Thats too slow for a server

I think you may find good dedis from ahosting.biz. Their prices are acceptable. They have got what you need.

That's fine for a CS server.

I ran a CS server with a 466MHz, 256MB of RAM on a 6mb internet connection - it held 12 people comfortably (with AMX mod, too).

i wasnt looking to get on one of those sites, as you have to pay for them, i just want something for my friends to play in when we have lans or compete eachother online.

btw, im working on a "superbudget" computer. it should have a 1.3GHz Celeron, 768MB RAM, 30.7GB HDD and a GeForce3 Ti 500, and soon to be, Verizon Fios. I think im going to run my server on it, what are your thoughts?

btw, im working on a "superbudget" computer. it should have a 1.3GHz Celeron, 768MB RAM, 30.7GB HDD and a GeForce3 Ti 500, and soon to be, Verizon Fios. I think im going to run my server on it, what are your thoughts?

How much will it cost you? Isn't it cheaper to get a fully managed VPS from one of the recommended companies? Seems like gowebsite.com provides it.

Back
Top Bottom