Could someone tell me where the SATA cables are?

No I dont think so. SATA connectors are for the transfer of data and power from the motherboard to a device. They usually are found connected to Hard Drives, DVD players, etc inside your computer. If it's an OS problem check the connection on the Hard Drive (on the right of your pic, the metal square I think). If you look you'll see a black wire. That could be a SATA connector, it's hard to see though. Try that. See if it works.

Any laptop I've ever seen does not have a cable that connects to the hard drive..
Could be your hard drive is malfunctioning. or there is a software conflict.

yeah ever modern lappy i seen has a Docking type mount and has NO wires. but course i have a lappy that has a ribbon cable because it is an IDE hard drive.

You're right, I found a connector on the underside.
I need to figure out if it's the connector or the HDD so I know which part to buy..

What kind of software conflicts could it be? It turns on sometimes, so that makes me think it might -not- be a faulty HDD.

Any 2.5" SATA hard drive will work. Any adapters or cradles that are needed can be taken off of the defective drive (if it's defective).

I'd personally try downloading seatools and booting off of it to test your hard drive before replacing it though.

Back
Top Bottom