cost for pc repair

Status
Not open for further replies.

benzimm86

In Runtime
Just am currently fixing a computer for someone that i work with. The problem was that the winsocket was screwed up and you could not access the internet. so now that i fixed the problem he told me to let him know how much he owed me and this is the first time i actaully have done this for someone and have no idea what to charge. It was not a hard fix once i figured out what was wrong with it but i have probably spent a min of 2 hours with talking to his internet tech support, researching the internet, doing updates(sp2) and so on. what would you guys charge?

do you like the guy? I ask cause if you do give him a great deal like say 20 bucks an hour, if not then go outragous like 40 or 50, although for 2 hours 100 bucks doesnt seem like much...

i meet the guy once i got hooked up with this deal through someone else that i see frequently at work

it comes down to what is your time worth? Once you know that you can charge him appropriatly. I charged 20/hr when I was still a noob, but the local shops charged 50+ so ppl thought it was a great deal. Plus the shops always do other shit on top to make it take longer, like virus scans and stuff that they could just tell the user to do themselves and is not realated to the problem.

Call a shop and ask what they charge...

like above mentioned, low price brings more customer....

It really surprise me to see Future Shop charge 40 CAD for installing a brand new CD rom >< it is outrageous!!!

Yeah i got my friend to install my CD-ROM drive

- The jumpers, a computer n00b did 40$ worth of work :p

I would charge him liek 20$ if he's cool, 50$ if he's not.

hkfnstang said:
It really surprise me to see Future Shop charge 40 CAD for installing a brand new CD rom >< it is outrageous!!!

I was in futureshop a little while back and the sale's man was trying to sell a 9600xt to a guy and his kid,He was telling him it was 1 of the top 3 card's for gaming right now :mad: I turned around and started laughing at him and told him he better learn some more about computer's :p I told the guy if he wanted a good card to go for the 6600gt and the sale's man piped up and said they had that too but alot more money :rolleyes: I pulled out a card for another computer place and told the guy to go there ;) The sale's man was pretty pissed that he just lost his sale because of me :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom