corrupted HAL.dll file

tj107us1

In Runtime
Hey guys im trying to fix a computer that has Windows XP Home Edition on it. when it boots it comes to a screen that says that the HAL.dll is either missing of corrupted please install this file. Well i tried installing a know good HAL.dll file from another Windows XP computer but still no luck. Ive done some research on google and a HAL.dll file is kind of like a layer file that lets the OS talk to the computer hardware, so with that said it think i need a installion cd to get a basic HAL.dll file to replace the corrupted one so it can write that hardware this in the crashed computer to the file. Only problem is i dont have a installation cd cause i have a HP computer and their restore files are on a second partition on the same drive as C:\. So what im trying to get too is, to see if any one out there might have a Windows XP Home Edition cd that they could let me have a copy of that file. PLEASE!!!:D If anyone can think of any other thing i could try let me know. I have also done a system recovery via the recovery console by a XP recovery disc that i made on another XP computer. Still a no go.

thanks in advance for any help you guys may have!!
tj

yeah i tried the recovery in the recovery console that suppose to get the files from that partition and install all new files to c:\ but i think the files are corrupted too.

Back
Top Bottom