corrupted desktop?

canders5

Solid State Member
So last night, my computer shut off from the battery dying. I turned it on today and everything on my desktop dissapeared; anything new downloaded onto the desktop will be gone by the next restart. I know the stuff is still on my computer as I can go to documents and other things, I just cannot access my desktop, and the space left on my computer is still the same. Is there anyway to reverse this? It's driving me insane.

dell vostro 1000

the error is : C:\users\user\Desktop is not accessible. The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable.

Back up your information and reformat. That is what I would do. Your better off starting off from scratch so you won't have any errors to contend with. If you still are having errors after your wipe and reload. I would call up dell because it could be a hardware issue.

If I make a backup, I wonder if that would include my desktop info? I had a whole bunch of summer school documents on that, I really would like to salvage them.

cant u just remake all ur desktop stuff...
or is ur start bar missing to?

you should always just use your desktop for shortcuts, not a place for actuall documents.

my start bar is there. And no , i cannot remake the documents I had on there, and i've never lost a document there before, it's not a matter of where I keep them, but my desktop being corrupt and deleting all files each restart as i stated, thanks for reading though

Back
Top Bottom