Core Center

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wayniac

Daemon Poster
I have core center for my processor and motherboard etc... I was wondering if it is wise to use it to see how far I can safely overclock and stay stable? I might try it, but I don't want to %$#@ anything up any more than it already is.

Word of the wise, ITS A ***** IF YOU RESET YOUR CMOS/BIOS WHILE USING THAT PROGRAM. If you use it to overclock, and you go to far your machine will lock, forcing you to reset. Sometimes it gets stuck at them numbers and you have to reset your BIOS, and keep trying that till it loads and reads that the BIOS has been reset.... But yea thats how im overclocking my CPU is using it.

Does it adjust RAM timings appropriately too? Does it also increase voltage when needed?

It wont change the voltage automatically, and your BIOS should change there timmings to work with the CPU.... That is if your board is a MSI board like im thinking it is..... But it will slowly increase your FSB until you lock or decide to stop it. But be carefull once you hit 250......

Is core center a Windows based program?

If so, overclocking in Windows = bad. The BIOS is always the best solution and has the most configurations and tweaks possible, and ensures the most ease of mind when overclocking. NEVER EVER overclock the CPU or RAM via a Windows based program, if you are because you don't know how to properly configure the BIOS I suggest you step back from the entire overclocking process and do some reading as to how about overclocking through the BIOS.

As far as memory timings go, you want everything adjusted manually, automatic changes are always bad news and you want to be able to be in control of bandwidth, stability, temperature, voltage, clock speed etc. If you are using automatic or self dictated settings, again, step away from your machine and don't come back until you know otherwise.

Well, I am already at 250 for the FSB. My RAM ratio has been lowered though. Maybe I'll give it a shot and see what happens... but NOT until I get back from my nice break on Tuesday. Then I'll have to try it out.

Dude how is it so bad? You ask me MSI boards work great with programs like that. There programs let you flash the bios while in windows. Let you change a lot of options while in windows..... So how is it bad?

In reply to Gaara, I know what I'm doing, but I just wanted to see how it'd work out. It is a program made to help monitor everything and it has overclocking built in. I was just curious as to how it'd work.

For me it works great unless i reset my BIOS, then it has problems working with the BIOS. Once you reset the BIOS after it has overclocked you, it will try to jump it from default settings straight to what it last remembered. It will take 2 or 3 restarts before it sees that its been reset....

Must be because Windows set it and when you reset the BIOS manually and go into Windows, it tries to reload it. I don't know... just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom