Core 2 Quad not indetified?

TheGuider

Beta member
Hello,

I have purchased an Intel Core 2 Quad Q9450 processor a little while ago, and to be honest, it doesn't really feel like that much of a quad to me...

What worries me is that in device manager, the processor isn't identified as a quad... It simply shows four "Intel Processor"s.
Hitting "Properties" simply gives out an empty window.
I know that the info amount should be a lot wider than that...

The second thing is that in the My Computer properties window, the system information shows that the processor is an "Intel Pentium III Processor".

Is this normal? What can I do to actually make my windows recognize the processor I've invested in? And might the discontinuing of the Q9450 have anything to do with this?

Thanks a lot,
AJ

Try downloading hardware monitor and seeing what it shows.

Oh yes, I'm sorry, I forgot to mention that I used a hardware monitor, and that's the only thing that actually tests out positive, showing my processor's full name...

If this is the case, should I be worried about windows not doing the same?

Oh yes, I'm sorry, I forgot to mention that I used a hardware monitor, and that's the only thing that actually tests out positive, showing my processor's full name...

If this is the case, should I be worried about windows not doing the same?

Windows is fine with your processor if it shows up correctly with hardware monitor.

Have you watched the four cores work with Task Manager?

TaskManager.jpg

Do you have the latest BIOS update for your motherboard?

As said above, if you can see all four cores in Task Manager, you're PROBERBLY ok :)

what are your full system specs?
What Bios version are you using?
Does your computer show that your processor is running at the correct speed?

You might have a bios version with your motherboard that does not support that processor.

***EDIT*** LOLz I was typing my response and IMing people and when I posted it finally JO3 Beat me too it...:D:D

what are your full system specs?
What Bios version are you using?
Does your computer show that your processor is running at the correct speed?

You might have a bios version with your motherboard that does not support that processor.

***EDIT*** LOLz I was typing my response and IMing people and when I posted it finally JO3 Beat me too it...:D:D

Well, the only thing I could probably provide an answer to is the system specs :p

I do see four cores at work in the task manager, so at least that's all good...

How would I check and upgrade the motherboard Bios? If it's not too much trouble to explain...

Your manufacturer's website should have the necessary BIOS file and instructions. ONLY upgrade the BIOS if necessary. What motherboard are you running on?

Back
Top Bottom