copyright

sunts

Baseband Member
hey guys and gals.

im creating a web site and want to make sure of somthing first.

can i cut out pictures or use them for a logo without getting that somones permision? am i right in saying that if a website is copyright i cant use anything?

where would u suggest the best place to get images from???

thanks!!!

If you want to be 100% legal then youshould get premission to use images and such. I'd use google to get images.

google pictures are still of ppl's websites. As Nik00117 said you would have to ask to be 100% legal. for the most part though you don't really have to ask unless it's banners and sigs.

Unless images come from a source that advertises them as free for use, you can not use them. This includes ALL images. If you did not make it yourself, it's off limits. Of course many things are over looked. For example, if you were making a fansite for a game, and took images from the game makers website, they arnt going to ask you to take them down, though they would be within their right to do so.

You can type 'free images' or free pictures' on Google, that way you're sure they are copyright free, just record the free web site for any eventuality...

Um...

Places like JPL/NASA don't mind you posting the pics they have but you must post who they belong to and used with permission. As for other types of pics the safest way to do it is to contact the owner and just ask. Worst they can say is no...

If you are trying to mixed up multiple images came from different site to produce yours then I think its legal but if you use an image as is,you have two problem,first: you are doing piracy,second: you don't have the sense of originality.

Back
Top Bottom