Copyright question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erich K

In Runtime
Hello, I'm having some problems finding good information on copyright.

Lets say I make a page with some sort of data on it, say the data of flowers, If I get that data loosely from a book, and slightly re-arange it, is it still under copyright, or now that it's different, is it mine?

Also, lets say I scan a photo from the flower book to put next to the data, do I have to ask permission from the guy who took/made the picture, or can I just include a little thing in the bottom like "Pictures Copyright by John Doe"?

Give credit where credit is due.

In other words, even if you do change words around, you STILL got the information from somewhere, and if you're a decent honorable person, you will source it back to the person who originally wrote it. Plus the fact that if they find out, they may sue :freak:

when anyone writes anything factual it came from somewhere sometimes extensive research but alot of times they learn form other books or other ppl now if they take there collective knowledge on a subject and write a book 4 others to learn from it doesnt sound to me like copyright infringment but as world industries said giving them due credit would be the right thing to do but the picture is another issue that is someones private property that they in terms leased to a book for monetary gain and to the best of my knowledge u can use it with the proper credit given if u in no way are making money with it but if in fact u are getting paid u would have to recieve written permission to use it and may have to pay the owner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom