copy and pasting issues

tewitt1949

Baseband Member
I have 8.1 OP.

Not sure if its something I'm doing or what. I've got one of these new 2tb memory sticks. I have a picture directory like everyone else and I have all my pictures in folders and sub folders. There are probably 20,000 pictures from vacations, family get togethers etc etc etc. Anyways, I want to put the pictures on this thumb drive along with my docs, downloads etc. When I'm in file explorer, it will right click picture directory, then copy, and paste to my thumb drive. All appears ok. It does take quite a while to copy, but when done, I will check and folders with no sub folders all pictures copy good. Folders with sub folders the sub folders with show it there but no pictures in the sub folders. Basically it won't copy into sub folders.

Am I doing something wrong or can't I do it the way I'm trying to do it?

Are you sure it's a 2TB memeory stick? Lots of scammers around and what you are experiencing is indicitive of a scam memeory stick. Just because it says 2TB doesn't mean it is. I don't know how you can tell other than by what is happening to you.

Pete....You are 100% correct. I got scammed. When its full it don't tell me it full, it just over writes previous stuff. I should have known by the price. Sounded too good to be true. 2 for $40.

Pete....You are 100% correct. I got scammed. When its full it don't tell me it full, it just over writes previous stuff. I should have known by the price. Sounded too good to be true. 2 for $40.

LOL don't feel too bad about it. I've been there done it and got the Tshirt.:trash:

Back
Top Bottom