Copletely Whipe PC and start afresh

lukenn77

Beta member
Hi guys,

First post here, so i hope its in the corect place.
It's come to the time when i feel i want to completely re-install my OS just to make my PC clean and fresh again... only thing is, i've accumilated a fair amount of software that i've paid for and i dont want to lose this, including some adobe software etc. Is it possible for me to obtain my Lisence Key from the program (as im too unorganised to keep the originals that were on the box), and after re-installing the OS, download the software from the creators website, and re-enter my key. Is this legal? im assuming it is, as i paid for the key, but i just want to double check. If it is all legal, do you know where i can find the key within the programs? On my abobe software, there is a long number at the bottom of the splash screen, is this my key?

Any help much appreciated.
Thanks,
Luke

Your adobe key is shown at the start-up it may be in different place depending which version of adobe you have, I use photo shop 7 and its right at the bottom of the box that appears when its launched, if you need to find other serials for you software then do as Antdemo says but you don't always find it there. as for reformatting its quite simple, if its XP then just go into the BIOS and set your CD drive to first boot then insert your disc and let it boot the disc then follow the on screen instructions, the thing to remember and its very IMPORTANT is to write down your ISP settings and make sure you have the necessary drives handy e.g graphics card, sound card, av & firewall etc..

Back
Top Bottom