? cooling prescott 3.2e

mike11d11

Beta member
I just upgraded my processor to the prescott 3.2e, and been running idle 48c, but I like to burn dvd's and it seems to run up around 62c then i stop it, got a program that came with my gigabyte motherboard and warns me processor is hotter than 60c, dont know how hot i'm supposed to let it get? using a gigabyte 3d cooler, here is link on the specs http://www.giga-byte.com/Peripherals/Products/Products_GH-PCU21-VG(3D%20Cooler-Pro).htm# any suggestions on best way to keep cool and how hot i should let it get????

if it is getting that hot man you should really get some more Case Fans or a bigger CPU fan so it can cool it down faster - :)

are you sure you mounted it correctly? Did you use some kind of thermal compund lol? I would suggest taking the side off your case and leaving it off if its getting too hot, I leave my case side off and surprisingly it doesnt collect dust when I have the side off because my fans can blow it out the opening ;)

well i have 5 fans on my case, in front, back, top and two on the side, thats not counting the two in the power supply. pretty sure i mounted the heatsink right. do they sell any type of air conditioning devices out there, somebody suggested me to use the Tt polo 735, does anybody know of any good but cheap watercooling devices.

That's about right for a prescott. Dont worry to much. But I would go for a good cooler. I use the Zalman 7000Alcu, It's Very quiet and cools much better than the stock cooler. Usually around £34.

Dont get the thermaltake, Noisey beasts.

Back
Top Bottom