Control Panel, rundll32.exe error

Status
Not open for further replies.

spiro

Banned
G'day all.
I need help with an error that I get. When I turn on the computer, go into Control Panel and open Add or Remove Programs for the first time, I get this error. Look at the attatchment or if you can't for some reason, it says this:

"rundll32.exe - Application Error"
"The application failed to initialize properly (0xc000142). Click on OK to terminate the application."

After I click OK, the box closes and I can then open Add or Remove Programs normally. I don't know what it is but can someone help me get rid of it.

Attachments

• app error.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 61
What OS are you running? XP I take it? sp2? Have you tried a System file check?
start -> cmd. type 'sfc /scannow', just out of interest have you tried different RAM?

I think you got a virus, or some other type of malware. I'm going to assume as well that you have XP. Run a system repair. Boot from the Windows CD, the rest is self explanatory.

Thats possible. When ever you remove a program and if it asks you if you want to delete all files and folders, etc etc, always say no, because they might take some system files with them, as with this case, if thats what you did.

can i download the file from somewhere? is it that important because the computer still works fine after it goes away.

i'm running XP service pack 2 and avg says: no virus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom