Contest Idea's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juice Daddy

Fully Optimized
I thought it might be a good Idea to make a post specifically for Image Contest Ideas

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Joshd and I discussed this idea:

- Make a realistic/natural looking image using only software (no copy and paste)

- Seeing as how originality is dead, we can have another signature contest, or maybe start everyone with the same image and see what they can do with it, etcÂ…

- using only 2D software (such as Photoshop) make an image with 3D depth

- Make a 1280x1024 background image based on your username

Â… thatÂ’s all I can think of for nowÂ… anyone else have an idea?

Im new here for the most part so sorry if this doesnt fit in with this kinda of contest your looking for or if you have a contest like this somewhere else, but how about a flash contest ?

interesting concept, I'm not sure how many tf members are skilled with flash, I tried to learn it a while ago, (teach me if you can, lol)

but... this post is for gfx contest ideas, not animation...

if you can make a single frame piece of art with macromedia flash, then post away:)

how about a myspace layout... jk

i like the idea of taking the same image and manipulating it..

but also i think there should be a wallpaper contest every month and the winner's one is posted somewhere for members to dl and use

jrdwstfll said:
but also i think there should be a wallpaper contest every month and the winner's one is posted somewhere for members to dl and use

This is the idea behind the Calendar Wallpaper contest, but last month was the first month and I was gone (no internet) and everything didn't get taken care of. Hopefully July's calendar contest works out much better.

Good Ideas Juice Daddy. :)

Juice Daddy said:
or maybe start everyone with the same image and see what they can do with it, etcÂ…

I really like this idea. It's what inspired me to actually start tinkering with Photoshop in the first place. Actually here is the website.

www.worth1000.com

They have all kinds of contests, but the PS contests are the coolest.

Basically there are two aspects of the contest.

1.) A random image that is posted, sometimes everyone has to use it, some times not - ALL WORK MUST BE ORIGINAL: Mostly mid-high res. images.

2.) There is a theme you have to follow like, "Movie Titles - Use imagery to convey the movie title." Like - Silence of the lambs or Monsters Ink"
the image muse depict the title.

or

How about a random company is choosen and the contest is to try to create a brand new logo for that company. Like - Coca Cola or Dell or BMW.

Just check out worth1000.com you'll get the idea...

Re: Re: Contest Idea's

HAVOC2k5 said:
How about a random company is choosen and the contest is to try to create a brand new logo for that company. Like - Coca Cola or Dell or BMW.

First one I've heard that I really like :D

Havoc did what I was going to suggest. Check out worth1000 and you'll get a ton of ideas to do for photoshop contests.

how about everyone makes an image either 3d or 2d and then we randomly pick names somehow and the person that is picked has to edit the other persons image into something even better.

and whoever makes it the best looking/most different from the original wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom