construction work

Status
Not open for further replies.

aliasaid

Fully Optimized
i'm gonna be starting construction work soon.. (more like DEstruction... demolishing and stuff.. no experience necessary :D)

and i need a hard hat, steel toe boots, and a carpenter's hammer.

i know where to get a hammer, but where's a good place to get hard hats and steel toed boots?

dude, why are you doing that stuff? and surely if youre delving into that career path, youd know where to get the supplies? I did excavation and plumbing, both for a while, and I have to say that your exuberance confounds me. That kind of work wears on you bro!

any shoe store..

if therye going to get messed up on the job, go to walmart or someplace, get the boots, then get some inserts.

hard hat: check a local hardware store, or lowes/home depot or someting (or your equivalent in CA)..

finally, call up the employer and ask them, they will probably be more than happy to helpyou out. Construction work is pretty concerned about the safety of employees.

hehe this is only for this summer.. i had taken this summer off work cuz i went on vacation for 1 month, and then this world up takes up a month.. so i have 2 months of nothing to do! gotta do something... i'm a big guy.. i can handle this for a couple of months.. (i hope)

ya i'll check out home depot and this other store i suspect sell construction equipment..

a. ANSI-75 grade steel-toe boots
b. A hard hat with a suspension system in it. NOT a metal hard hat, if you think you might be doing any kind of electrical demolition. The electricity will be out when you're doing the work, but you never know. Keep your hard hat clean and inspect it regularly (once a week or so will be fine... you're just looking for cracks). Don't sit on it or throw it around - this is one thing that can really save your life.
c. EAR PROTECTION. Etymotic makes a great 20db attenuator that works evenly across all frequencies.
d. Eye protection. Most safety glasses will be sufficient.
e. Respirator. Get a good one with an interchangeable fiter. YOU WILL NEED THIS if you're demoloshing. You will be freeing mold spores, dry wall material, dust, possibly asbestos, various glues, etc etc etc.
f. Leather working gloves. Nothing special - just something to take the strain off your skin and to prevent accidents involving stratches and cuts.
g. Steel 16oz. hammer. No graphite or anything (I use graphite, but I do delicate work where my hammer isn't in danger of getting crushed or sat on or improperly stored).

You can likely find everything I just listed at the Home Depot and Sears (Sears will have the ANSI 75 boots, minimally).

Yea that job sounds fun but actually it's very tiresome and tedious that it isn't very fun. Only about the first half hour or so is fun (because you aren't tired yet). This is from my uncle who used to do that.

lol you guys are scaring me..

its nothing permanent... my intention is that i do this for 2 months.. but if after 2 weeks i can't take it i'll just quit...

i'm turning 23 later this summer, and this will be my first job :D

i've done some paper work and stuff for my dad.. so its thats not considered a real job.. this will be my first real job :)

dude, i got the bombest hammer. Google "death stick". thats is one sick a55 hammer. I broke that handle, and replaced it with a axe handle. I can smash anything to pieces now and it pwns for framing.

I don't really see how that would do any more desturctive then a regular hammer (as long as it weighs the same) sure it's more durable since it uses stronger steel but wieght is the most affecting character of a hammer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom