Console comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Fully Optimized
How about a comparison of the 3 consoles mentioned? Compare xBox, Cube, and PS 1 & 2

I'm not sure what all the criteria would be, but could include
  • price
  • memory
  • options
  • controllers
  • what else?

I would like to see some good comparisons that are not subjective (like the ol' the controller is too big). I know opinions will come out, but........well, it would be interesting to compare.

How about a comparison of the 3 consoles mentioned? Compare xBox, Cube, and PS 1 & 2

I'm not sure what all the criteria would be, but could include
  • price
  • memory
  • options
  • controllers
  • what else?

I would like to see some good comparisons that are not subjective (like the ol' the controller is too big). I know opinions will come out, but........well, it would be interesting to compare.

Ill have to get back to you on that:( just need to do some research on a couple of things about the gamecube.

every one else is welcome to reply if they want:)

cheers

Attachments

• 120.jpg
    120.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 5
  • 121.jpg
    121.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 4
  • 122.jpg
    122.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 4
  • desktop11-10.jpg
    desktop11-10.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 4
Ill have to get back to you on that:( just need to do some research on a couple of things about the gamecube.

every one else is welcome to reply if they want:)

cheers

Personally, I believe that the XBOX is the best gaming console out right now. I have played all the systems that you have listed Dmo224 except the GameCube and the XBOX comes to my mind the first.

The graphics are the main thing that makes me decide which console is the best and certainly the XBOX has the best. Their console is very nice as well. Also, the XBOX has a DVD player and other little options added to it that make it even better. The only thing about it that isn't that great would be the price. However, if you really think about the price and what you get for it it doesn't seem that much.

In second place, I would have the GameCube. Even though the graphics are not as good and the controller seems kinda tiny it's still better than the PS 1&2 in my opinion. The PS's get third place for me, but the console is still amazing. The good thing about it is that it's fairly cheap now and the console has tons of game by now.

That's it from me. Hope that kinda helped :D

Personally, I believe that the XBOX is the best gaming console out right now. I have played all the systems that you have listed Dmo224 except the GameCube and the XBOX comes to my mind the first.

The graphics are the main thing that makes me decide which console is the best and certainly the XBOX has the best. Their console is very nice as well. Also, the XBOX has a DVD player and other little options added to it that make it even better. The only thing about it that isn't that great would be the price. However, if you really think about the price and what you get for it it doesn't seem that much.

In second place, I would have the GameCube. Even though the graphics are not as good and the controller seems kinda tiny it's still better than the PS 1&2 in my opinion. The PS's get third place for me, but the console is still amazing. The good thing about it is that it's fairly cheap now and the console has tons of game by now.

That's it from me. Hope that kinda helped :D

I dont know much bout all the consoles but a recent article that I've read is about the xbox... Its suppose to contain a pentium 3 processor and an 8gb harddrive!

Attachments

• 143.png
    143.png
    62.2 KB · Views: 0
I dont know much bout all the consoles but a recent article that I've read is about the xbox... Its suppose to contain a pentium 3 processor and an 8gb harddrive!

Craf said:

Recently, it was discovered that the CPU "behaves" very much like a Celeron, due to its lowered 128k of cache (as opposed on 256k on Pentium 3's). A custom NVIDIA GPU is also included, capable of 125 million polygons/sec. My opinion: BS. I would consider that a synthetic estimate of flat-shaded polygons, not fully lit, fully textured polygons. In reality I would estimate around 50-60 million, about equal to last-generation GeForce3 GPU's.

For PS2 Junkies:

Soon enough, the PS2 will have its own distribution of Linux (Kondara Linux; similar to Red Hat's distribution), due out sometime in May, which will allow developers full access to the PS2's hardware/software. It also should be noted that the PS2 got a rough start from Sony shipping incomplete SDK's to game developers (sounds like N64).

Craf said:

Recently, it was discovered that the CPU "behaves" very much like a Celeron, due to its lowered 128k of cache (as opposed on 256k on Pentium 3's). A custom NVIDIA GPU is also included, capable of 125 million polygons/sec. My opinion: BS. I would consider that a synthetic estimate of flat-shaded polygons, not fully lit, fully textured polygons. In reality I would estimate around 50-60 million, about equal to last-generation GeForce3 GPU's.

For PS2 Junkies:

Soon enough, the PS2 will have its own distribution of Linux (Kondara Linux; similar to Red Hat's distribution), due out sometime in May, which will allow developers full access to the PS2's hardware/software. It also should be noted that the PS2 got a rough start from Sony shipping incomplete SDK's to game developers (sounds like N64).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom