Connection Issue

foxc

Beta member
Hi everyone, new here, fed up with trying to get help from pc world so a friend recommended i try here!

About 5 months ago i got my HP Pavilion G6 laptop running Windows 8 with an Intel i5 processor.

Everything was fine and then all of a sudden the connection to the wifi would dip in and out (used to this living in the country side), but then i realised that the other laptops in the house did not have this issue, and even when i booted up my 8year old Acer Aspire it did not have this issue!

So i managed to get limited help from pc world. They initially got me to update my driver (Ralink RT5390R 802.11bgn Wi-Fi Adapter) and then alter my roaming sensitivity to LOW. This worked fine, up until now, where i seem to be having exactly the same issue!!

I have since tried playing with the roaming sensitivity and made sure the driver is up to date, but still the same issue! I have turned all the other laptops, phones, tablets anything on the wifi off in the house, still the same issue. Short of sitting my laptop right on top of the homehub it carries on with this problem!!

Any help would be great, tried to give as much detail as i can.

Thanks

Charlie

---------- Post added at 12:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 PM ----------

Also i have tired using phones, laptops any other devices where my laptop would usually be, and they have no issue with connection!! So i am guessing it must be something to do with my laptop!!

Thanks for the reply. I had found that yesterday and tried it in hope, sadly still the same issue!!

Back
Top Bottom