connecting

aidacuk

Beta member
OK, basically im at work and ive download numerous file sharing programs, and none of them will connect, i think it is something to do with the computer settings blocking outgoing connections? so i am wondering if there is anything i can do (without getting sacked) to allow me to connect to servers, or other peoples computers, using those torrent programs. Oh and ive checked to see if the Win XP firewall is on and its saying that it is off, so i dont think it is that.

Any help would be much appreciated :-D

ive also posted this in the networking forum, but maybe it is a security problem? sorry if ive broken any double posting rule :confused:

i would say they're being blocked by a firewall. If you know the passwd for the router you could change the settings, but you're probably not allowed to do that... lol ;-)

I would think at a job, they would restrict that stuff...always could be some third party software restricting it?

as Edge said the routers firewall is probably blocking the ports.
U can either access the router (need a username & password, default is usually admin for both) or then use a torrent program like bitcomet which allowes u to enter the port it will use. Then just find a port that is open (some ports, like the one windows applications use are almost always open) and connect through it.
If I can remember correctly some windows applications use the port 82, not sure though.

Oh, I'm pretty sure accessing the router would be against the rules. And they will know that u accessed it. (unless u do it from someone elses computer :D)
Also using torrents could be against the rules of the company, and if u are downloading copyrighted material then it's against the law. (in most countries)

So think twice before doing anything stupid.

Go here or search for another place to download Your Freedom. This program will allow you to go around any firewalls or anything like that.

Back
Top Bottom