Connecting the CD-RW drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

febonti1

Beta member
Hello! I am new to this Forum! I've recentely bought a CD-RW drive and found my self having trouble to connect it to the CPU. The 2 problemas that I found are:

1. There isn't the cable to connect it to the mpotherborad. The one that there is is already being used bu the CD-ROM Drive.

2. The is a small cacle connector that came with the CD-RW Drive and I don't have any clu where to plug it.

Please, help me!!!

Thank youu!!!

http://www.traffichungry.com/redirect.php?referrer=caramelo

You should have 3 connectors on the IDE cable, One goes into the mobo the other is for your 2 cd drives. You should be able to hook them right up unless its proprietary....

I assume that small cable (as I can't see it in front of me) is to connect digital sound to the motherboard, you can leave it out (there is probally a 3.5mm jack on the drive)

You have to use a IDE cable to connect it to the motherboard. The IDE cable can connect 2 drives up (including harddrives) You may need to get another one (ask for it/get it from where you bought your cd drive from.)

The motherboard should have 2 slots for a IDE cable, the other one next to it.

If all else fails, than take the old cd-rom out and put the rw in.

Warez Monster said:
You should have 3 connectors on the IDE cable, One goes into the mobo the other is for your 2 cd drives. You should be able to hook them right up unless its proprietary....

propritary IDE? never heard of it.

anyways, make sure that you have a open slot on the IDE cable. the small plug is for digitial audio, which isnt needed anymore since all the digitial data can now travel through a 80 pin ide cable.

Thats what I was talking about. I see a lot of Dells like that. I didnt know what kind of system he had so thats why I said that.

Heeeeeeelllp!!!

Since I've tried to configure (to connect) the CD-RW not only it doesn't work but my cd-room stoped working as well and my monitor goes blank when I switch the system on.

It also makes a strange noise.

Then I switch off the system and disconnect ONLY the IDE cable that connects the cdroom and the cdrw to the secondary ide... living the power connector on... on both drives...

The cdrw is in master and the cdroom is in slave mode...

I have been trying for days to fix the problem but since haven't got no experience or knowledge about I am completed left without a clear solution...

Pleaseee heeelpppp!!!

http://www.traffichungry.com/redirect.php?referrer=caramelo

sounds like some jumpers are bad.
check the jumpers...

also, check some bios settings such as the enabling of the ide channel. maybe it somehow got disabled.

last resort, replace the IDE cable.

just throwing out some ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom