Connecting 2nd hard drive

sammytheman

In Runtime
Hi guys I have just installed my second hard drive on my pc but it does not show on My Computer. Basically I connected the extra plug from the 1st HD to the 2nd HD. Then I used this red thin wire to connect the HD to motherboard, just like the 1st HD. In device manager under disk drives I see:

st3320620as ata device
st3500320as ata device

When I turned on my pc something came up on the taskbar saying "your new device is installed...."

What else should I do guys to get this up and running?

I have this by the way:

http://www.directcanada.com/products/?sku=14120DR9680&vpn=ST3500320AS&manufacture=SEAGATE

Just right click "my computer" and go to "manage" and then go to "disk management" and it should show up there. All you need to do is right click on the drive and click "format" and it will format it for you and you should be all set.

Ok guys thanx for the help. I have successfully installed my 2nd HD but here is the thing, say I have to unzip a file that is 7GB for example. When I unzip it, it automatically unzips to my primary HD which is full, although I have created a folder in 2nd HD and I chose to unzip in 2nd drive. So what I have to do is 1st empty some space in my primary HD, unzip the file in primary HD, then move it 2nd HD. Also I moved a 50GB folder from primary hg to 2nd hd but the thin is, it didn't just move, I still have the folder in primary HD. So it copied it in essence. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ok guys thanx for the help. I have successfully installed my 2nd HD but here is the thing, say I have to unzip a file that is 7GB for example. When I unzip it, it automatically unzips to my primary HD which is full, although I have created a folder in 2nd HD and I chose to unzip in 2nd drive. So what I have to do is 1st empty some space in my primary HD, unzip the file in primary HD, then move it 2nd HD. Also I moved a 50GB folder from primary hg to 2nd hd but the thin is, it didn't just move, I still have the folder in primary HD. So it copied it in essence. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

It really depends on what you have to Unzip your files.
Some 'Unzippers' have the option to right click>Unzip here.
You may want to try a different App.

Just delete the original folder from the 1st hard drive once you make sure everything is there on the 2nd hard drive.

use winrar to extract things. i never have problems.
also make sure your moving the files not copying them. its pretty self explanitory

Back
Top Bottom