Confusion With Athlon Xp

jakemead

Solid State Member
My pc currently has the motherboard asus a7v-vm
Its maximum core frequency is 1.67, so what's the maximum speed
it can go to!!! (in athlonxp)
Thanks in advance!!!!!!!
P,S a tech from microstar said 2400 at 133fsb, but i wana buy a new athlon and the closest i can get is 2400 266fsb, will this crash my comp, or automatically slow down the fsb for me!!!!!!

didnt catch on to this please explain with out !!!!!!!!!!! and wooo!!!!!!!!!

Ok

my computer will accept athlon xp 2400 at 133fsb, if i have an athlon xp 2400 but with 266 fsb will it crash my comp or slow down, Thanks

Processor Family that will be accepted are:

Athlon (T-Bird, Palomino),
Duron (Spitfire, Morgan)

your board doesnt have ddr slots so one would guess that it wouldnt function properly or at all unless you have one of the old palomino procesors.
where did you buy buy the processor and when?

WEll

i was told from the company i brought it from that the maximum core frequency is 1.67ghz and it could go up to athlon xp 2400 w/266fsb

how much did u pay for it??
well, if they said that it would accept a 1.67 gig 266fsb. den try it. if it doesn't work, go moan to them. and tellt hem to send u a replacement board. but if i were u, i'd get another mobo. your motherboard is garbage and they sell mobos' that are better than that for around 60 dollars right now.

its retail price is 115 dollars, and i havent got much money at the minute, so what would 1.67ghz be in athlon xp
thanks

Back
Top Bottom