Concerning Quad Core

lawlonslawt

Baseband Member
First off, forgive me if I didn't search through threads enough to find this topic already. :eek:

I have a question regarding the power of Core 2 Quad vs. Core 2 Duo. I've heard that the Core 2 Duos are the better choice for gaming, at least currently. Is a quad that much slower when it comes to gaming? I'm asking because I'm currently lookin' to build a new computer, and with Intel's price drop coming soon [at least I hope], I don't know if I should stick with duo, or go quad. From what I've read, the quads will cost as much as the duos cost now. I was planning on buying a duo now, but the price drop sounds bueno. And yar, I'm mainly a gamer, to put things in perspective.

Any help is appreciated, and sorry for the stupid question.

Quad...I know Crysis will utilize 4 cores and Supreme Commander does utilize 4 cores too...but very poorly. For now, games are just concerned with clock speed and 2 cores. So i would say the Duo is your best bet.

First off, forgive me if I didn't search through threads enough to find this topic already. :eek:

I have a question regarding the power of Core 2 Quad vs. Core 2 Duo. I've heard that the Core 2 Duos are the better choice for gaming, at least currently. Is a quad that much slower when it comes to gaming? I'm asking because I'm currently lookin' to build a new computer, and with Intel's price drop coming soon [at least I hope], I don't know if I should stick with duo, or go quad. From what I've read, the quads will cost as much as the duos cost now. I was planning on buying a duo now, but the price drop sounds bueno. And yar, I'm mainly a gamer, to put things in perspective.

Any help is appreciated, and sorry for the stupid question.

If you are just planning on gaming dual core should be fine.

Price drop is July 27th btw, and customers should see their prices drop first week of august. I'm getting a quad when the prices drop :)

get quad
with games now not going to be any better then core 2 duo
but give it a year and ull be glad u did

Back
Top Bottom