Computex: MSI shows X800XT board with AGP and PCIe interfaces

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trotter

Grandfather of Techist, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff member
From Tom's Hardware Guide:

MSI displayed at Computex an ATI X800XT-based graphics card that integrates an AGP as well as a PCI Express interface. The X800XT chip commonly offers native PCI Express support only, but an added AGP bridge on the backside of the board, makes the "RX800 Series / Geminium VIII" an interesting solution for users who want to stick with AGP for now and upgrade to PCI Express sometime in the future.

MSI's card can also be used in a dual-graphics tandem, if users choose to upgrade to an ATI RD400/RD480 motherboard a Radeon X800 master card. (THG)

20050531-msi_rx800dual.jpg

http://www.tomshardware.com/hardnews/20050531_114728.html

I have come across too many problems with Dual memory type motherboard. (EDO with SD, SD with DDR etc), or Dual CPU Socket (SLOT 1 with Socket 370) motherboard. I prefer to go one way or another, but not in between when it comes down to my computer hardware.

It's great that this product is avalable. I will keep it in mind when I do have a customer that wants to get a video card to get him on his current and next computer.

But I think I will be going to full upgrade as appose to these partal upgrades that seem to come out and then be storly lived in between upgrades.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom