Computer's making loud noise

When it comes to overclocking read the guides posted on this forum. You only need to know the basics, you will learn other stuff along the way.

As for the fan, like Atomic Rooster said it's not the end of the world. There are a lot of mother boards where the northbridge doesn't even have a fan, just a heatsink. Even the zalman he recommended is just a heatsink. (though a much better one) So you don't necessarily have to do anything about it, like you said it's working just fine atm.

OC'ing is a bit of an art. And something you just don't do. Prepare your system for an OC first. That means making sure the chip fan is replaced with a working unit.

Your Mobo is pretty much the same as mine. And depending on your CPU - OC'ing involves the HT speed, RAM divider, FSB and maybe OV'ing to make an OC stable. This is just touching on the OC'ing topic and before I did my first OC I researched the topic for a month during which time I prep'd my set up for OC'ing.

:)

I'm thinking about getting a new chip fan. Where do they sell those besides online?

Is overclocking really that hard to do? What's a HT speed, RAM divider, and OV?:)

heating problem? any more RAM than 1gb if your PSU can't pull it it may be a strain problem.

There's a few here:

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Search.aspx?menuno=12120&FromMenu=y&doy=6m5&MenuName=Chipset Cooling

OC'ing isn't that hard to do. Just understand your BIOS, note what speed your RAM is capable of running at and prepare your system for OC'ing.

I know I only have a single core CPU which should run at 1800MHz but I run it at 2410MHz and with the ASAKA EVO 33 HSF the temp has not touched 45'C while running Orthos & Folding for 9 hours while the tower was locked inside a Broom cupboard with no ventilation.

But with my previous RAM if I OC'd to this speed I had to underclock the RAM speed. There's a bit of calc involved.

There's a few here:

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Search.aspx?menuno=12120&FromMenu=y&doy=6m5&MenuName=Chipset Cooling

OC'ing isn't that hard to do. Just understand your BIOS, note what speed your RAM is capable of running at and prepare your system for OC'ing.

I know I only have a single core CPU which should run at 1800MHz but I run it at 2410MHz and with the ASAKA EVO 33 HSF the temp has not touched 45'C while running Orthos & Folding for 9 hours while the tower was locked inside a Broom cupboard with no ventilation.

But with my previous RAM if I OC'd to this speed I had to underclock the RAM speed. There's a bit of calc involved.

Where do you check the heat temp of your cpu?

Re-Start your machine.

Enter the BIOS and enter the POWER section then HARDWARE MONITOR.

Thats just one option.

If you have ASUS PROBE 2 then you can use this when in windows:

ASUSPROBE.jpg

It came on the Driver CD for my Mobo.

Re-Start your machine.

Enter the BIOS and enter the POWER section then HARDWARE MONITOR.

Thats just one option.

If you have ASUS PROBE 2 then you can use this when in windows:

ASUSPROBE.jpg

It came on the Driver CD for my Mobo.

Thanks for the image. Where can I get something like that? Can I download it?

Back
Top Bottom