Computer wont start

Onisac

Baseband Member
My computer has been freezing shortly after start up and then it wouldn't even boot up. It just sat at a black screen with a flashing underscore. Someone suggested getting a new motherboard. I just recieved my new motherboard today and so I installed it. After connecting everything I went to start it and nothing happened. No fans started or anything. I have checked all of the internal connections about 5 times and they are all correct. Can someone help me!!!

Double check all connections, I have built a few computers and some times i leave stuff unplugged that I really think is plugged in.

Like I said in the original post, I checked the connections like 5 times. Could it be that I received a bad mobo?

Western Digital Caviar SE WD1600AAJS 160GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive

G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel

I know you said you checked the connections already.

Check the Power/Reset switches are in the correct place on the motherboard connector.

That was one of the first things I checked. I also took the front off of my case to make sure that they were securely connected to the buttons. Everything was in check.

It could be a PSU fault. Is the green led on the motherboard lit. If it is the 5V Standby supply from the PSU is ok. If not the PSU may be faultly

I also thought the same thing so I went to Best buy and bought a brand new PSU. I hooked up the new mobo to the new PSU and once again nothing happened. I then hooked up the old mobo again and it did power on but with the same problems as before which I expected. The only thing that I can think of is they sent me a bad mobo and that is the problem or they sent me a bad mobo and my hard drive is the problem. What do you guys think about that?

Back
Top Bottom