Computer Won't Boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spyder4765

Baseband Member
My friend built his own PC and it ran for a while without any problems. Then one day he went to turn it on and nothing came up on the monitor. I swapped out his video card for mine and same problem so then I put his vid card in my working computer and it ran fine. So then I noticed when we start it up there is no beep in the beginning. So I'm thinking there is either something wrong with the mobo or his CPU but I don't know how to tell. Any ideas on how to find out what the problem is or any ideas on how to fix it, thanks.

He has:
Epox EP-8NPAJ Mobo
AMD Athlon 3400+
Radeon X800XL Video Card
1 GB Kingston RAM
250 GB Sony HD

Ya, I did unplug everything and try to boot but got nothing. As for the Beeps....his crazy communist case didn't come with a speaker plug so...that's not really an option. I originally thought it was the mobo because there was no beep but there is no speaker wire.

There is a speaker pin on his board, I guess I'll try my by case. See what happens. Thanks, I'll post back soon

Alright, I took the speaker wire from my case and plugged it in and got nothing. Would I need to plug in all my PN1/PN2 plugs into his mobo do get it to work or is just the one ok?

Alright, well I pulled out the mobo and hooked it up to an old case I had lying around with the speaker wire and I'm pretty sure I got it all right and there are no beeps, but every thing turns on on the mobo. The lights, all the fans, the fan over the chipset...everything. Just no beeps

Ya, it doesn't seem like all the fans and **** would turn on if it was toast. I was thinking it was the CPU, I read another thread somewhere when a guy had a similar situation and it turned out to be his CPU. Well, he's got a 3 year warranty on both so we'll no for sure eventually.

Spyder4765 said:
Ya, it doesn't seem like all the fans and **** would turn on if it was toast. I was thinking it was the CPU,

Yeah well your wrong!, If you think you know so much why bother asking. The board will beep no cpu if you take it out, That is if the board was anygood.

Edit - more than half the people that post in this forum's have the exact same problem as you, Guess what it almost always turns out to be. Just search the forums for fan's run but won't boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom