Computer Will not Boot

LordChristoff

Solid State Member
I have no idea what the problem is but it's nailed down to the computer not wanting to boot at all even after a clean install of Windows...

Specs:

ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R0.2 AM3+ Motherboard
AMD 9590 8 core 4.7Ghz Black Edition CPU
Sapphire 7970 6GB Grahics Card
Windows 8

To begin with I was happily playing War thunder with not a care in the world, everything was working fine constant FPS and running great... To which I then decided to shut the game down and respond to a few people on Facebook and Twitter... This prompted me to check my Files for some pictures... During this time the Windows Explorer stopped responding while everything else was fine... Including Skype, Chrome and some other applications... All running perfectly.. So then I decided to re-boot the computer to see if that had any effect on sorting out the problem. Which it did not..

The computer then started to load Windows but every time it gets to a certain point in the Boot, the OS goes in to a blue screen and restarts.. So I installed Windows 7 over the current OS on another computer (Switched the HDD from one PC to another) I installed a fresh version of Windows 7 untouched and new and it boots perfectly. So I come and try it on the original PC and the problem reoccurs.. Which makes me think that a problem exists in the BIOS or some of the hardware.. But giving that it Boots to a certain point I would not think the hardware is damaged..

Any Ideas? I am going to reset the BIOS and reseat the RAM ans see if that makes a difference...

Cheers
LordChristoff

Have a look at you SATA operation settings. Try changing those around. From say ahci, raid and so on. That might work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Computer Forums mobile app

Did you put windows on and put the hdd in a entire different build? It won't work and your drivers will conflict resulting in blue screen. I was going to say try check disk in c m d or sfc /scannow.

You might want to try reinstalling windows on the original PC and see where that goes, as IAntDemo suggests the drivers are conflicting from the the second build to the original.

I recommend trying to start windows in safe mode. Let's first see if windows will
Load even with minimal drivers. That's a good first place to start. This will show us if it's more pointed towards hardware or software. You can also try the automatic repair tools within the windows installation disk or via the start up options (F2 or F12) examples. Depending on the manu of the computer you can have some good repair/start up tools built right in.

Please let me know if you need any help.

I don't think trying to reinstall windows again will correct anything for you unless you do a fresh format of the drive. It sounds like the boot sector may of gone bad. I mean try everything you can first before blowing away windows haha. Please let me know if you need any help with anything.

Back
Top Bottom