Computer Virus

VLe

Solid State Member
Im just wondering if anybody can help me with a certain virus. At least i think its a virus....anways, what this virus does is not let login. I have no idea when or how i got this virus but its kind of annoying the hell out of me. I run on Win XP. That is all. Please help me.....

Stiffler1470

In Runtime
My friend had the same problem one day. I wasn't sure if it was a virus or not. It may have been something wron on ur windows or w/e i dont no. the only thing ido no is that u have to reformat your hardrive. I dont no what exactly what he did. the only thing he told me was that he reformatted his hardrive. Sorry i cant be more help.

David Lindon

Golden Master
VLe said:
Im just wondering if anybody can help me with a certain virus. At least i think its a virus....anways, what this virus does is not let login. I have no idea when or how i got this virus but its kind of annoying the hell out of me. I run on Win XP. That is all. Please help me.....
What happens when you try and login? Any errors?

Gary Graefen

In Runtime
This has been going around for weeks-I was able to log in safe mode however the viral scanners were not able to pick it up. I wound up formating and reinstalling.
The sp2 upgrade seems to nix this particular beast.

VLe

Solid State Member
Thanx guys, but i fixed it (without reformatting). I just booted into safe mode and deleted some files that somehow found its way onto my harddrive.