Computer very slowwww

MMM

Daemon Poster
I was burning some DVD's the other night and had to leave the PC for an hour, came back to check & found the PC was unresponsive to any commands....mouse courser was about the only thing working....did a reboot & found the PC had taken to 35 minutes to boot in normal mode & about 10 minutes in safe mode....PC takes for ever to respond to commands.

This is a hard drive issue as I tested with another hard drive in PC & all is ok.

Question: is this a hardware issue or software issue with hard drive? I think it is software but not sure, a reformat & re-install will tell me eventually after I finish recovering files, a slow process atm.

Opinions please.

Hmm...it's hard to say. I'm leaning towards hardware, but like you said a format/reinstall is going to be my first step anyway so...

Let us know.

I have reformatted & reloaded the drive.....every thing is working normal.
software issue but not sure exactly what caused it, only theories.

I have reformatted & reloaded the drive.....every thing is working normal.
software issue but not sure exactly what caused it, only theories.

I knew it was software when you said 35 min boot normal and 10 min boot in safe mode. The best solution was what you did, format and reinstall Windows.

I've been there quite a few times and learned not to install certain programs anymore like the tweaks and utility suites.

Not worth it.

I knew it was software when you said 35 min boot normal and 10 min boot in safe mode. The best solution was what you did, format and reinstall Windows.

I've been there quite a few times and learned not to install certain programs anymore like the tweaks and utility suites.

Not worth it.
Yes the PC was due for a reinstall as it was getting a bit cluttered but I failed to back up certain files & this is where I got caught out, in the end I was able to retrieve all important files.

Nothing like a clean install, matter of fact the old PC is flying along.

cheers.

Back
Top Bottom