Computer Upgrade

wedroptozero

Baseband Member
I am looking to upgrade the performance of my computer for around $200, so I am wondering whether a processor or gpu upgrade would be better. I play games such as HL:2 and its source games, Battlefield 2, and FEAR. I also do work with Photoshop. I currently have an AMD 3700+ in an ASUS SLI mobo with 1GB Corsair XMS. My graphics card is a 6600GT 128mb with a 19in widescreen LCD at 1440x900. Whichever upgrade would be better, do you also have parts suggestions?

wedroptozero said:
I am looking to upgrade the performance of my computer for around $200, so I am wondering whether a processor or gpu upgrade would be better. I play games such as HL:2 and its source games, Battlefield 2, and FEAR. I also do work with Photoshop. I currently have an AMD 3700+ in an ASUS SLI mobo with 1GB Corsair XMS. My graphics card is a 6600GT 128mb with a 19in widescreen LCD at 1440x900. Whichever upgrade would be better, do you also have parts suggestions?
Hmmm... For around $200? I don't know anything about prices really but I know your processor is already pretty good! You have SLI and you play games? Have you considered an SLI Config on your Graphics Card? I'm not sure if yours will do SLI I don't know if they do an SLI version of them or if any graphics card will do it, but I think that would be the best option. Everything else seems fantastic :D

Get the new nVidia 7900GS.... $199 @ newegg... THEY ARE AWESOME! You will notice the improvement.

Back
Top Bottom