Computer unusually noisy.

I have purchased a hard drive with more storage a Western Digital. Not a SSD. I would have purchased a SSD but that will not install onto a DELL GX 280 computer.

My question is since this is an internal hard drive and only one hard drive can be connected to the computer at a time.

How does one clone the new hard drive to the other. Or is this not possible.

If this is actually possible after the clone is done. Then what? Do I take the old hard drive off the computer and hook up the new hard drive and boot up the computer and that is it?

Here is a photograph of the computers components. Hope these photographs are clear enough for you to tell.IMG_5831.jpgIMG_5832.jpg

Here is the place. The blue wire is the power to the drive and the other is the connection to the mother board.

IMG_5833.jpg

Last edited:
Ok I'm having trouble with those pictures. Can you give us the model of the motherboard? It'll make it easier to see and fins the specs.

Since you mentioned the model earlier, I looked it up and apparently it should have 2 SATA connectors, so you should be able to have up to 2 HDDs connected simultaneously.

Back
Top Bottom