Computer/TV interfacing

desdichato

Baseband Member
[FONT="Verdana"]Hi Guys,

I am currently using a dell M11x notebook and would like to interface it with my Samsung LED TV, I have a VGA cable and a cable that is similar to a USB but with two rounded ends; The VGA allows the visual side of things to work on the TV but I cannot get any sound on the TV, and yes the volume is on.

I have tried the various menus on the idiot box but in every case there is no sound.

Has any one got any ideas??????

TIA

P
[/FONT]

Any chance the notebook and TV have HDMI? That would be the preferred way to connect the two and would handle both video and audio. Barring that, does the TV have audio output jacks? Might be RCA or mini headphone jack. Audio out on the TV to Line In or Mic In on your laptop.

Hi Strollin,

That's the second cable I described as (cable that is similar to a USB but with two rounded ends), yes both the tv and computer have these connections; unfortunately when I go to the menu's on the screen nothing comes up.

The audio cable should be to the Line in on the TV and audio out on the laptop, not the other way around like Strollin suggested.

The audio cable should be to the Line in on the TV and audio out on the laptop, not the other way around like Strollin suggested.
Yeah, that's right. For some reason I was thinking the OP wanted to show TV on the laptop, don't know why.

If it makes you feel better, I had to read it all a few times before I said anything :)

Back
Top Bottom