Computer turns on automatically?

Teny

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I upgraded my brothers computer about a month ago. It was working normally will a couple of days ago. My brother plugged in the Mic In and Headphones on the front, and the computer turned off. No matter how many times he pressed the power button, it wouldn't turn on. So I went into the back, and flicked the switch on the power supply. Waited a few seconds, and the computer turns on. Now, no matter what, we can't seem to shut down the computer. When we choose shutdown, it does a restart. The only way to turn off the computer is to flick the switch in the back. However, right when we flick the switch back on, the computer turns itself back on without us doing anything.

I don't know what to do, or what's causing it. Any help?

Are the front panel cables correctly attached to the motherboard? Maybe the power and audio got switched somehow.

Right now, only the power switch is connected.

EDIT - The computer only seem to shutdown after holding the power button for four seconds.

Interesting and odd.

The only solution I can think of is to unplug the computer, open the case, and remove the Motherboard BIOS battery. **WARNING: If you have custom BIOS settings, this will remove them, and set them to the defaults.** If you didn't have any custom BIOS settings, nothing should change. Leave the battery out for a couple minutes, then replace it. Plug it in, and try again.

Let us know how it goes.

Interesting and odd.

The only solution I can think of is to unplug the computer, open the case, and remove the Motherboard BIOS battery. **WARNING: If you have custom BIOS settings, this will remove them, and set them to the defaults.** If you didn't have any custom BIOS settings, nothing should change. Leave the battery out for a couple minutes, then replace it. Plug it in, and try again.

Let us know how it goes.

He's already done this multiple times.

Back
Top Bottom