Computer turned on, no video

Johanster

Baseband Member
Hey guys, it's been a while.
This is the problem; my computer does not show a video signal, and there are no BIOS beeps.

History:
I have had this computer for a little under a year, and it's been working fine. Two days ago, there was a power serge, but I believe my serge protector did it's job. The next day, I noticed that my computer had graphical lag (noticed in a video game I play), so to compensate, I opened up the side panel of my case to give it greater air-flow. Later that day, I went to put the side panel back on my case, but when I reached for the case, it died. My screens went black, and the fans inside re-started. In panic, I pulled the power plug, and tried multiple times to turn it back on. Nothing.

The same day, I took it apart, and in an attempt to fix it, tried to clear the CMOS multiple times, with no success. I then took the motherboard out of my case, and layed it on it's anti-static bag, and only booted up with CPU, RAM, and power, yet still nothing.

I brought the PSU to TigerDirect, and they tested it. It came out fine.

~~EDIT When I turn on the power, the CPU fan spins, along with the external fan I attached. EDIT~~

What I think is the problem, is that the CPU and Mobo need to be sent back to Gigabyte and AMD for replacements, but I could be wrong.

PC Specs.
Motherboard = GIGABYTE GA-MA78G-DS3H
CPU = AMD Phenom x4 9850 Black Edition
RAM = OCZ 4GB SLI Ready Edition (2x2GB)
PSU = CoolerMaster 600W

If you have any questions to help out what happened, or if I missed some information, please let me know.

Thanks,
-Johanster

|~~|UPDATE|~~|

I have sent an RMA request to Gigabyte, and am waiting on a return. Once that happens, so long motherboard. I hope a newer model comes back, as mine is discontinued. :D

Hey guys, it's been a while.
This is the problem; my computer does not show a video signal, and there are no BIOS beeps.

History:
I have had this computer for a little under a year, and it's been working fine. Two days ago, there was a power serge, but I believe my serge protector did it's job. The next day, I noticed that my computer had graphical lag (noticed in a video game I play), so to compensate, I opened up the side panel of my case to give it greater air-flow. Later that day, I went to put the side panel back on my case, but when I reached for the case, it died. My screens went black, and the fans inside re-started. In panic, I pulled the power plug, and tried multiple times to turn it back on. Nothing.

The same day, I took it apart, and in an attempt to fix it, tried to clear the CMOS multiple times, with no success. I then took the motherboard out of my case, and layed it on it's anti-static bag, and only booted up with CPU, RAM, and power, yet still nothing.

I brought the PSU to TigerDirect, and they tested it. It came out fine.

What I think is the problem, is that the CPU and Mobo need to be sent back to Gigabyte and AMD for replacements, but I could be wrong.

PC Specs.
Motherboard = GIGABYTE GA-MA78G-DS3H
CPU = AMD Phenom x4 9850 Black Edition
RAM = OCZ 4GB SLI Ready Edition (2x2GB)
PSU = CoolerMaster 600W

If you have any questions to help out what happened, or if I missed some information, please let me know.

Thanks,
-Johanster

uhm probably a dead MB if the PSU is working
and I think a closed case allows for better airflow

uhm probably a dead MB if the PSU is working
and I think a closed case allows for better airflow

That's what I am thinking too. I will send the parts back to their manufactures on Monday, if I can't find a solution in time.

Back
Top Bottom