Computer Trouble

huhndiddy15

Beta member
Hello, I am having some trouble with my computer and have no idea what it could be. Basically what happens is that I start it up and it goes to the XP loading screen, however when it starts to load the log-in screen my computer just crashes and reboots itself. This has never happened before and there doesn't seem to be any errors popping up. Any one have any idea what could be going on?

Have you tired to boot into safe mode?

To get into safemode in Windows XP

Press F8 Right after the POST test, (when your computer detects your RAM, and Drives)
This will be right before you see the windows screen, where the loading bars scroll across.

you either got an OS bug/corruption or a bad piece of hardware.. see if you can get into safe mode, respond and try to take it from there

No it does the same thing when I try to boot it into safe mode. It goes to a black screen and starts loading different components and then when it should go to the log-in screen it just restarts. I'm thinking maybe a hardware problem but I have no idea what it would be. There are no other errors at startup. I used to have a hard drive problem back before I replaced it and when I booted it then it gave me an error.

could most definetly be a hardware problem.

Swaping RAM is very easy to do, and would be one of the first things i would try.

If you still have your hard drive and have a copy of Windows, I would disconnect the current harddrive and re-format your old drive and see if it will boot up. If that doesnt work, I would then result to replacing hardware. But if it is a as simple as a bad OS install, I would try to save my money.

medabomb2000 said:
If you still have your hard drive and have a copy of Windows, I would disconnect the current harddrive and re-format your old drive and see if it will boot up. If that doesnt work, I would then result to replacing hardware. But if it is a as simple as a bad OS install, I would try to save my money.

I didnt say he had to buy ram, he could swap working ram from a friends PC, or maybe another PC he has around the house.

But your idea is good

Back
Top Bottom