Computer Trashed

V8SplashMan

Baseband Member
Yeah ok well some of you have been helping me alot through out my ordeal...and now this is the situation.

My bran new Gateway 5082 is basically finished. The Radeon 1900XT I bought did not fit, and there is no possibile way to make it fit new case or not, and I installed a new power supply in the Gateway for the graphics card but had to re-install the old power supply back in because the computer would not even start with the new power supply and I need it for the graphics card.

So when I reinstalled the original power supply the computer screen would'nt start up. People told me it was properly wired wrong but it's been checked, and now it's being serviced at Best Buy...they are just checking to see if it can work in anyway. I also looked at online tutorials on possible problems, checking for problems but could'nt find any conclusion.

I believe the motherboard has become damaged in someway and now does not work.

I can not return the computer, and so there is a very high chance this computer is going to become absolutly useless. Can anybody help me find out if I can scrap the parts of it to perhaps build a similar computer?

I was just thinking that maybe I could just try use the parts from the Gateway to build a new computer, but I guess I dont even know if that is possible. Anyways can anybody help me?

u can use the proccessor, memory, hdd's, psu, gpu (since u need the psu to power the gpu all u need is a new mobo right?)

so i think all ud need is a new mobo and case (but u could use the gateway's case.

talk to gateway online. usually they will send u replacement parts for whatever u need in 2-3 days.

one thing i hate about gateway is their heatsinks. its the same one for every computer no matter the cpu. and the heatsinks suck! just a plain ass metal block. i guess they are all like that but the one they give u sucks ass.

Best Buy said to bring in the warrenty and reciept and they will send it to be fixed by them because they arn't fully sure what the problem is still.

So I hope that works.

Back
Top Bottom