Computer Technician Tools

Status
Not open for further replies.
you're gonna need a crimper and you're gonna wanna be able to make cat5e cables in about 10 seconds

Well, for awhile I was doing PC repair on the side. But, I ended up getting tired of the phone calls of people who were infected with viruses, adware, spyware... etc.

Then I fix the PC for them. Get it clean... Remove all "Bad Stuff". Set up security... Then a month later they call me back... um.. it's infected again... blah, blah, blah.... Go back... same stuff... They didn't listen to my warnings about installing certain "P2P" software...

It's never ending - The percentage of the human population here on earth that have a freakin' clue how to use a computer is like .00003% - It's sad really.

It said, you are infected download now... so i did? Was that wrong?

Never heard the term straight used before but assuming it's the same thing as patch cables, they are the cables you use for connecting a computer to a router and vice versa

Crossover cables are used for directly connecting two computers together without a router

So

Patch:

PC < patch > router < patch > PC

Crossover:

PC < crossover > PC

HAVOC2k5 said:
Well, for awhile I was doing PC repair on the side. But, I ended up getting tired of the phone calls of people who were infected with viruses, adware, spyware... etc.

Then I fix the PC for them. Get it clean... Remove all "Bad Stuff". Set up security... Then a month later they call me back... um.. it's infected again... blah, blah, blah.... Go back... same stuff... They didn't listen to my warnings about installing certain "P2P" software...

It's never ending - The percentage of the human population here on earth that have a freakin' clue how to use a computer is like .00003% - It's sad really.

It said, you are infected download now... so i did? Was that wrong?

Look at the bright side; you are making good money off their stupidity. Survivor of theÂ…smartest I guessÂ…

gaara said:
Never heard the term straight used before but assuming it's the same thing as patch cables, they are the cables you use for connecting a computer to a router and vice versa

Crossover cables are used for directly connecting two computers together without a router

So

Patch:

PC < patch > router < patch > PC

Crossover:

PC < crossover > PC

HereÂ’s an easy way to identify the difference between the two, hold the ends of the cable side by side. If the color coordination matches itÂ’s a straight-through (patch cable) if the green and orange switch places itÂ’s a cross-over. If anything else then the idiot must of crimp it incorrectly.

yeah i no the difference, but what i wanted to know is what its used for, thanx gaara.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom