Computer Stuttering

R4mus

Baseband Member
My computer always stutters when playing videos, music or games. This will only happen for about the first 4 mins or so. Any one have any ideas on how stop this rather annoying inconvenience?:confused:

System specs could help..

System studders can be caused by numerous things.
It's usually caused by too little ram or too much stuff running.

Are you running vista? How much ram do you have? anything less than a gig on vista is asking for trouble.
Even then I say 1 gig is too little.

System specs could help..

System studders can be caused by numerous things.
It's usually caused by too little ram or too much stuff running.

Are you running vista? How much ram do you have? anything less than a gig on vista is asking for trouble.
Even then I say 1 gig is too little.

ya, specs would help much, also make sure you have all available updates installed for windows and all drivers

once you put your specs up we can help much more

- AMD Athlon 64 3500+
- 256Mb ATI Radeon 9550 (AGP) :(
- Realtek AC97 Integrated Audio
- 1Gb DDRII RAM (single stick)
- Windows XP Home Ed. SP2

All drivers and updates are installed onto the machine.

- AMD Athlon 64 3500+
- 256Mb ATI Radeon 9550 (AGP) :(
- Realtek AC97 Integrated Audio
- 1Gb DDRII RAM (single stick)
- Windows XP Home Ed. SP2

All drivers and updates are installed onto the machine.

Including chipset?

Sorry, it's just that most people who have a problem like this tend to have forgotten to install it. It is a very critical driver.

My system would lag like none other. I would be listening to music, talking to a friend on ventrilo.. Then I would start to install a game. The entire system became unresponsive until it finished installing. Sound would constantly cut and studder.. it was horrible!

If you don't remember installing it, then you didn't install it.

Is your computer custom or brand? what motherboard do you have?

If you don't know, just head over to www.cpuid.com and download a program called CPU-Z. It will tell you everything.

Could you post the link just before the download? This link doesn't seem to work.

Is it the VIA 4 in 1 driver package?

Back
Top Bottom