Computer stopped recognizing my Camera

HydroPinke

Beta member
I typed this on another message board so forgive me if it does not have the right info just yet. I saw the post about downloading the everest program to get the info but I am not sure how that works, so if you could be more specific on which report to use I would be happy to post it, they just looked so long.

Yesterday my camera worked fine uploading pics to the computer. Today nothing. It started with the error
"windows - delayed write failed, windows was unable to save the data for the file e:.. the data may have been lost/ This error may be caused by a failure of your computer hardware or network connection. please try and save save file elsewhere"

So I tried to save it else where, on a different hard drive. It was reading the card, the pictures showed up as getting ready to transfer (using googles picasa) and then I got that error.

1.Now I tried restarting the computer with the camera on and off
2.switched usb ports
3.uninstalled the driver and let windows "find" the new hardware and install drivers
4. I also tried using a differnt memory card and got the same error.
By the way,
My camera is a konica minolta dimageg600.
I run windows xp home
Also at one point when it was reading the pictures it would just stop reading on the camera and say "unable to read" go blue screen on the camera and just stop.

But now I'm getting the error that windows does not even recognize the "usb device", and its showing no driver stalled for this device. I have tried looking on the net for a driver for it but the only available is for win98 b/c it says windows xp comes with a compatible driver. Grrrr WTF?

I have not added anything new to my computer or done anything different in the past few days and this is driving me crazy. Any ideas on how to fix this?

try a new cable man.. the cable that goes from your camera to your computer.

BTW Welcome to the forum

Yea, it could possibly be the cable, you havent droped the camera or anything have you? Does youre USB drives recognize other items??Trying a new cable would be the best bet for now though.

Back
Top Bottom