computer STILL crashing

Tweak

In Runtime
Ok, reformatted, installed new 480W thermaltake PSU, updated drivers, now CS 1.6 freezes again, b4 my new PSU, it wouldnt freeze, but my comp would restart randomly/freeze w/o a game running, and my gfx intensive games would freeze. so now i have no clue what is wrong, kinda making me mad and i relaly dunno what to do.....but something comes to mind....about a year ago, i was trying to take my CPU fan off of the CPU, and the thermal grease was really sticky so i was twisting the fan to try to loosin it up...all of a sudden, my CPU rips out of the mobo socket without the little clip or w/e undoing it...i started up my comp and everything was fine, even before this incident i was having comp problems....but who knows....im on my parents dell more than my own computer...its sad

update: hmmm, gfx intensive games just seem to restart my computer, CS works now dunno what that was about, but now RPGs are restarting my computer after abotu 10 mins or so

This looks like a software problem i used to have this problem on one of my other computers before the mother board blew i would advise formatting your HDD and reload the OS

update:it freezes sometimes now too, or restarts....this is fucking gay, and when u say reloading operating system, do you mean repairing it? if so, does that wipe my HDD?

try changing the thermal solution on the cpu, and try testing your parts on another motherboard if you have spare one lying around, if not, buy a cheap one from a store near you and return it when you're done testing.
i had a problem similar to this but it was a problem with the mobo, so id definetely test that

Back
Top Bottom