Computer slowed down

AeroProject

Beta member
Not sure if right section or what, but I had to turn off my computer today by holding the power button down because it wasn't responding, such as when I right clicked, the circle kept loading/spinning. I turned it back on and now it's very sluggish all of a sudden, anyone know why or any insight ? :/
Computer is usually very fast, probably only 1.5years old, but feels very sluggish and has " Not responding " problems when opening folders and stuff.

Thanks in advance for any help !

Is your computer windows? One thing you can do that almost always improves speed is to delete all temporary files that get saved in the background. Not sure if you did this already but if you're on a windows computer you can click start and in the run box type %temp% and hit enter. Then a window will pop up with a bunch of files in it. Select all of them(if any are important they wont delete anyway) then delete them all. That should show a noticeable improvement. You should probably also do a full system virus scan. Let me know if it helps

I did temp thing, didn't really work. I scanned with combofix and I attached the log down below. Could the problem be : Magnipic ? i have no clue what that is .

Attachments

• wtu.txt
    22 KB · Views: 2
I also did a Malwarebytes scan . .

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.70.0.1100
Malwarebytes : Free anti-malware download

Database version: v2013.03.19.04

Windows 7 Service Pack 1 x64 NTFS (Safe Mode/Networking)
Internet Explorer 9.0.8112.16421
Michael :: MICHAEL-VAIO [administrator]

19/03/2013 5:35:07 PM
mbam-log-2013-03-19 (17-35-07).txt

Scan type: Quick scan
Scan options enabled: Memory | Startup | Registry | File System | Heuristics/Extra | Heuristics/Shuriken | PUP | PUM
Scan options disabled: P2P
Objects scanned: 219583
Time elapsed: 2 minute(s), 21 second(s)

Memory Processes Detected: 0
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Detected: 0

Registry Keys Detected: 2
HKCR\TypeLib\{E2343056-CC08-46AC-B898-BFC7ACF4E755} (PUP.Adware.Magnipic) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKCR\Interface\{31E3BC75-2A09-4CFF-9C92-8D0ED8D1DC0F} (PUP.Adware.Magnipic) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Values Detected: 0

Registry Data Items Detected: 0

Folders Detected: 2
C:\ProgramData\MagniPic (PUP.Adware.Magnipic) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\ProgramData\MagniPic\data (PUP.Adware.Magnipic) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Files Detected: 4
C:\ProgramData\MagniPic\51135da05b057.tlb (PUP.Adware.Magnipic) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\ProgramData\MagniPic\51135da05b057.dll (PUP.Adware.Magnipic) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\ProgramData\MagniPic\settings.ini (PUP.Adware.Magnipic) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\ProgramData\MagniPic\data\MagniPic.dat (PUP.Adware.Magnipic) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

(end)

I've never heard I it but the scan results say that it was adware which can slow your computer and give your computer a virus. How's it running now?

---------- Post added at 08:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 PM ----------

I would also defrag your hard drive ^^

Back
Top Bottom